The micro is operational and almost finished! Needs some details and a last round of green stuff.
Debute was in Switzerland and it functioned well. Very satisfied with it!
Keep you posted!
My building is very versatile... from HO US to logging to ACW. Problem is that my span of interest is way to big 🙂
ACW is still alive. I'm still in the ACW group on Groups i.o. and enjoy the effort I see there. It still keeps me interested in the subject.
The Union Street project is on hold but safe in storage. A lot of buildings bought in the years are waiting to be build. It will not be a precise replica of Alexandria but I will try to use buildings that fit the era. I also will show a little piece of the harbour.
Some impressions. A Campbell harbour:
Keep you posted!
What a shame... september and the first post in 2023!
A lot is going on, main focus right now is a micro layout that i started some 2 years ago. It froze in time until now as it has to travel with me to the US Convention in Switzerland coming 7 and 8 october. It is held in Neuendorf where we will travel to on the 6th. Its a good 800 kilometer drive and I will travel with my friend Ronald. Next to this layout we will promote our own Dutch US Convention which we held the first time in May 2022 and the next will be on the 6th and 7th of April 2024.
The layout is small, 1,2 meter by 0,3 meter, that is a 4 by 1 ft layout. Only 2 feet (55 cm) is visible, on both sides 1 foot (30 cm) is hidden. Trackplan is simple:
Its DCC, I use the new lenz starter system for this one. 3Amp, 4 locos maximum, that much I don't need. Track is Peco 75, turnouts are switched manually, the frogs are power routed. Necessary with Peco electrofrogs.
More to come!
Today I glued the angle blocks to the long girders. After that I glued the ends to both girders. I do have the wrong push pins so I ordered a bunch of socalled T-pins. You can order them at a....... knitting store! Never imagined I would place a order in such a store :) These pins are also used by the real RC airplane builders who do build the classic way with balsa:
Yesterday I glued the main girders together. They are made out of 3 pieces. The top girders are 1-piece ones:
This morning I started with measuring the position of where the angle blocks have to be glued. I put them next to each other so that they are identicall when putting the sides of the bridge together. I mark them so that they are all four pointing the same way:
Kit parts are ready, now the base for building. On a piece of plywood I taped a copy of the plans provided by Campbell. Copy because I want to save the original drawing.
The kit is ready now, all wood is stained. I made a mix of 50% darkgrey, 25% lightgrey and 6% mahonie. The latter is the strong colour, after drying it is still a little reddish.
The test; right darkgrey, left my mix:
Stay tuned for the build coming weekand have a good sunday!