donderdag 13 oktober 2011

Working towards a new project

Hi all,

In English only....

The diorama has had its debut and had good respons:


I went with three layouts; mine (Cornfield Yard) in the front, second the Civil War diorama and last the small layout of my wife, "Halte Padjarakan" with a Indonesian theme:


At the show I found also some cheap loco's... 6 of them! 1 Rivarossi, 2 Bachmann's, 2 Airfix and a Rivarossi Bowker:



And at home they al wheretested and all ran very good. 

I now want to do the layout itself. There lies a invitation for a exhibition in 2013 in the railway museum in Utrecht Netherlands (www.spoorwegmuseum.nl) where this layout will be a focal point of the show.
Long have I thought of what to do.... Alexandria, Aquia Landing, City Point. I didn't know it, all the subjects are interesting enough to build. In further searching I found some very interesting photos of Nashville Tennesee:



I reworked a map of it:


Oke, how to proceed? At first I made some hardcopy photos of the subject I also downloaded some templaates of normal switches at "Fast Tracks" (www.handlaidtrack.com), printed them and cut them out :


Then I made my plan with the templates and some stripes of white paper. For the idea; this will be the second (right) one of 2 modules. The left one will be the station as on the photos, the right one will show the Chatanooga depot with some spurs and a road that crosses the srailway:





From a previous project made long ago I still had the modules of 135 by 60 centimeters. Because it had softwood framing I demolished that and saved the masonite decking:


Tonight after dinner I started with construction. Left over woodwork from also another project (yes, I started some stuff!!) was used as stratingpoint. My current exhibition layout is build as modules that have its lighting already in it. I buid it as a sort of "U-form". This time I will do a "L-form" without the lighting because that way I can transport these two modules somewhat easier and with my current car.
I start with this:


The back is a strip of 60 centimeters long. The bottom is 50 by 10 centimeters:


That is screwed and glued together with a extra 10 by 10 centimeter piece:


And all 3 ready; one on each end and one in the middle:


Tomorrow more construction work!

Geen opmerkingen: