dinsdag 19 oktober 2021

The first modules

 Started with some preparations. Still had 1 small modules from a previous project but they got water damage from store them... Took them out of my garage and put them in house to dry them with the heater on. It took them a week to dry:

After a week they dried good:

After they dried I took them out to make them connect to each other. I also had the lightcoves that belonged to them. Originally they where bolted to the module, now I glued them together:

2 new tops on the modules:

And in place:

Lightcoves bolted together:

And glued to the module backwall:

This will be the base for the new ACW H0 layout. To the left and right it will have staging yards of 2 feet long. Then the whole layout will be 4 feet staging + 8 feet of layout. So together 12 feet long and 1 foot deep.

Basic of the plan will be a design of Bernard Kempinski he drew for a possible ACW road show. It containes Alexandria and is called "USMRR Union Street switching district". I liked it so much I will adapt that name to my layout:

So far so good, keep you posted!

Grtz, Ronald.

maandag 11 oktober 2021

Will it happen? A new H0 ACW layout?

 Long time no hear. A short update; I'm planning a new H0 ACW layout. It will not be that big, 8 by 1 ft. Working out a plan now, basic is the Bernard Kempinski plan of the Alexandria switching layout.

Keep you posted!

Grtz, Ronald.

dinsdag 16 maart 2021

 So, started with the paintwork:

Not much but I keep you posted!

maandag 8 maart 2021

Hi all, some little work today. Sprayed the first 2 figures with Vallejo Black basepaint:

This I used, great stuff. It has a fine pigment:

More to come!

Grtz, Ronald. 


zondag 7 maart 2021

Building me a small ACW diorama!

 Hi all,

Long time no hear! 6 years no update, I'm ashamed..... time to reanimate this ACW blog. My modeling effort was not much during Covid. We also are renovating part of our house so I have more than enough work next to my daytime job.

But I stil want to model something but only a small project I can handle in my spare freetime during the evenings.  So I designed a small dio in 1:35 with figures from Imex I had in my stash.

My idea is to make a diorama like I build my layouts; as a showcase. So I went through my spare woodparts and found a nice piece of 9 mm birch. That I cut into 4 pieces:

Glued and nailed them together to a box:

Cut a back from some spare 9 mm and glued and nailed it to the box:

So it looks like a box, it only needs a front:

The front I made from 5 mm bitch and fastened it temporarely:

It also has a 22 mm base for the actual diorama. It still lies looser in the box.

Then I went to the attic and tried some compositions with the figures I have:

This one I liked the most:

So far so good, untill the next update! It will come sooner than the ones before 😉

Grtz, Ronald.