Sunday, March 7, 2021

Building me a small ACW diorama!

 Hi all,


Long time no hear! 6 years no update, I'm ashamed..... time to reanimate this ACW blog. My modeling effort was not much during Covid. We also are renovating part of our house so I have more than enough work next to my daytime job.

But I stil want to model something but only a small project I can handle in my spare freetime during the evenings.  So I designed a small dio in 1:35 with figures from Imex I had in my stash.

My idea is to make a diorama like I build my layouts; as a showcase. So I went through my spare woodparts and found a nice piece of 9 mm birch. That I cut into 4 pieces:


Glued and nailed them together to a box:


Cut a back from some spare 9 mm and glued and nailed it to the box:


So it looks like a box, it only needs a front:


The front I made from 5 mm bitch and fastened it temporarely:


It also has a 22 mm base for the actual diorama. It still lies looser in the box.

Then I went to the attic and tried some compositions with the figures I have:


This one I liked the most:


So far so good, untill the next update! It will come sooner than the ones before 😉

Grtz, Ronald. 





No comments: