Sunday, July 24, 2022

Its coming along!

Well, made good progress! First the set of 1:32 figures had to be cleaned from flash:


You see they have a lot of that:


After that they needed some basic paint, in my cads


Painting:


And drying:


Testfitting the wooden base in the box:


And the figures dried well. These will be painted:


The dioramabox will need som light. I choose a simple ledstrip from a shop called Action. They are well known in Europe for cheap products. This strip is 3 meters long, only white leds and has a batterybox. Very usefull on exhibitions where you don't need extra power for it:


I cut those to fitting pieces, need 5 of them. They have self-adhesive backs but I put some extra dots gel superglue with that to fix them:


For in place:


In between I painted the hill on the base a dark brown which I mixed from different acrylic colors:


Time for soldering the wires to the strips. Onlyconcern is to keep track of the polarity. Where you wire them doesn't care, all are in parallell:


First test, they work!:


Temporary fit with light:


With the front attached, looks good to me!:


So, lets mix some paint! I do that with simple cheap acrylic paint colors. For beige I need 4; red, yellow, white and green:


4 equal dots:


Mix them with a paletknife:


Dark brown, to dark:


Yellow and white to lighten it, more yellow for the beige:


Thats the one I need! This color is for the sand part in front:


And painting:


And ready, its the look I want:


Testfit after drying, with the 5 strips of light it is what I had in mind:


And with the figires in base paint. Can you envision my idea?:



More to come!

Greetz, Ronald.

No comments: