Sunday, July 31, 2022

The picture is clear!

 Goodmorning!

Progress is good! Made a extra ledstrip in the back, later I will explain why:


Looks good so far:


Needed fine sand to make a good landscape filler like the MIG and Vallejo ones. This is Chincilla sand:



Basis of the mix I make is Gesso from the artist shops:


Some acrylic paint to colour it:


And mix it thoroughly:


The first piece on the base:



And on the rest. Because of the fine sand it gives a good rough underground:



After it dried I had to soften the background colours, they where to hard. So I took my airbrush and compressor outside:


And toned down the colours and set a white above the horizon line:


With light on:


And with the base in it:


So that was done. Then I did give the base a black wash:


And let it dry overnight:


We are getting there!:


After the wash the terrain needed a drybrush, I do that with the same acrylic tube colours:




When that has dried (short time) it was time for the first Woodland Scenics fineturf. I use the two basic colours brown and green:



The technique is simple; "stipple" white glue directly random:


And push a little with a brush:


Then apply a little from both in the same move:


And work your way over the base:


The result is this:


Put it back in the case to see it under its own light:


Satisfied! Later!

No comments: